This policy and any other documents referred to in them, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
• IP Addresses and Cookies
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for any services provided by us through the site (including updates). we may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by third parties (including companies) and when you report a problem with the site.
If you contact us (by post, email or any other method), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We (or our agents) may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
During your use of the site we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser types, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
• to enable us to tailor the site to your particular interests;
• to ensure that the content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the site for the benefit of all users. This data does not contain personal information. Please note in particular that statistical records are maintained of pages visited by users whether or not they have subscribed for any of our services.
• we have your consent to share the information;
• we respond to court orders or other legal processes;
• we are required by law to provide information to others or we (in good faith) believe that we are required to do so by any order of the Courts or other competent body or agency;
• we are required to do so for the protection or defence of rights or property or to protect the personal safety of The Leica Meet employees or the public at large; and
• a service you have requested is supplied by a partner organisation on our behalf.
We will not otherwise sell or pass your personal data on to any third parties without first obtaining your consent.
You are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise and stored by us is not accessed by unauthorised third parties in accordance with the requirements of the DPA. However, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching the site or accessed from our data storage by third parties not authorised by us and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable endeavours to keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosures of your information.
The site has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with these policies before you use or submit any personal data to these websites.